Fw: Fw: Fw: Sf2 limitation

jbeach2646
Dr. Mark,  I apologize for the off-handed comment, the analogy between
abortion and "scrapping SF2."  I concede, you are right.  I was listening
carefully to Fluidsynth tonight as I played and it is rather muffled.  I
don't know what we can do.  In the natural order, I recognize that there are
some people who can afford to have things that I can not and who can do
things that I can not.  I am not jealous.  But when I consider the
things---like pipe organs---which simply go to waste because trend or
fashion considers them out-moded, it has a tendency to confuse my value
system.   For those who can afford the better VPOs, wonderful!  For me,
since being introduced to computers 19 years ago, it was a trek of
discovery......what can this thing do?  Basically, I think we were probably
better off before the PC and hand-held devices became pervasive distractions
reducing our quality of life to media.  Life is a constant transition and
the march of technology is part of it.   Maybe someone will come along who
has the ability and the desire to fit jOrgan with a good sound engine.

John

Re: Fw: Fw: Fw: Sf2 limitation

Dr Mark Bugeja MD
John,

I was not at all offended by your remark. I understood perfectly well the context in which it was made nevertheless I took this as an opportunity to voice my strong support for life in all it's forms (perhaps with the exception of mosquitoes, cockroaches, and grasshoppers as well as flies and moths....... besides pathogenic bacteria, viruses and parasites!!!!) and particularly for human life "from the moment of conception until natural death".

What irks me are meaningless, snide remarks like those of Dennis to whom I replied already. Why some people are so quick to air their views in negative judgement and criticism only to expose their sheer ignorance and lack of awareness at what is going on around them is utterly amazing! These are the people who must learn not to say anything unless it is carefully investigated and meaningful!