Fw: Fw: Fw: Fw: Sf2 limitation

jbeach2646
Dr. Mark,  I agree completely.  I think the attrition mentality which
pervades liberal thinking is the greatest tragedy of my lifetime.

Now, back to the topic under the subject heading.

I hoped everyone saw my posting on my encounter with a lite version of an
organ SFZ sample set.  I am wondering what your thoughts are on the
size of samples in SFZ.  Was this a unique, space- or size-saving thing or
are SFZ files all edited to this minute size?  Given previous postings on
this
forum concerning the importance of recording all the various attack, release
transients, and the idea of release samples, I hardly think it is possible
to get all
that data in a one-cycle wave sample.  I do think it provides very high
definition, however.  I did know how to do release samples in SF2, but
abandoned the work
when Paul Stratman published the parameters for the various footages.  As I
recall, however, it required two separate instruments in the same preset,
one containing the
steady-state looped sample and the other containing the release of the wave
file which played at the release of the key playing the steady-state, looped
sample.
What I can not remember is how that was, specifically, entered in the
Instrument parameters.
I think it had to do with Sample Start/End Offset and Start Loop Offset/End
Loop Offset, but I am no longer certain.

If somebody remembers, please, let me know.  It is not contained in the
tutorials on Polyphone, although it may be among those of jOrgan (Bill
Skees) tutorials.
I will check them out.

Re: Fw: Fw: Fw: Fw: Sf2 limitation

tbeck
John,

I posted a response to this on the other thread, but you are working from a faulty assumption if you think all sfz sample sets are the same.

On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 5:33 PM, John Beach <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

John Beach

-----Original Message----- From: Dr Mark Bugeja MD