Quantcast

Fw: Controlling stop and tab solenoids

jbeach2646
The stops in jOrgan equate to the preset number of the soundbank which is
identified as a rank in jOrgan.  You will notice that Stop Elements in
jOrgan do not have messages associated with them.  They are identified as
ranks which DO have messages identifying the soundbank number and the preset
number of the rank.  The Stop Element in jOrgan is a kind of switch,
proprietary to jOrgan and activates the rank=preset number ("set 192, set
"n", where 192 is program change and "n" is the preset number in the
soundbank) under the Messages for the Rank referenced to the Stop.  It is
the "n" which must be coordinated or programmed in the Midi Boutique
interface software to respond to the activation of the physical stop which
is wired to, e.g., connector number "n" on the KEYMUX64 board.  The two
different numbers are reconciled, e.g., jOrgan 11=Midi Boutique 53.
I use Artisan Instruments (Organs) MicroMidi unit for an interface, with
output of note-on/note-off messages ONLY.  The thought of connecting
physical stop tabs and couplers or combination pistons seemed pointless and
counter-intuitive, given the particular variations of elements in jOrgan,
which are never the same from one disposition to the next.   While it would
be nice and make functionality of the virtual equivalent to the real,
it would require reconciling software programming for each individual
disposition in jOrgan.  While this is not impossible, unless there were a
kind of auto-detection and recognition of element types and their program
numbers in jOrgan which could reconcile them with the interface software and
hardware, it is hardly worth the
effort.  As I stated previously, one would be better off to have a
touchscreen monitor, positioned appropriately
to make rapid stop, combination, coupler or whatever changes.

http://jorgan-home.de/mediawiki_en/index.php?title=Rank