Fw: Auto-starting jOrgan with a preferred disposition

Fw: Auto-starting jOrgan with a preferred disposition

jbeach2646

Sven, is there a way to configure jOrgan with an option to auto load the
last disposition used on jOrgan Start?   Such a capability would eliminate
the need to configure the Customizer each time jOrgan is started for users
who use one main disposition most frequently.

Thanks.

Re: Fw: Auto-starting jOrgan with a preferred disposition

>option to auto load the last disposition used on jOrgan Start?

sure, there's a checkbox for this in jOrgan's preferences.

Sven

On 09/10/2014 03:37 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Sven, is there a way to configure jOrgan with an option to auto load the
> last disposition used on jOrgan Start?   Such a capability would eliminate
> the need to configure the Customizer each time jOrgan is started for users
> who use one main disposition most frequently.
>
> Thanks.
>
> John Beach

Re: Fw: Auto-starting jOrgan with a preferred disposition

lwalls
In jOrgan click: View>Configuration...>jOrgan, and check the box for "Open recent
disposition startup".

But if you really want iron-clad control of what disposition jOrgan uses on startup, just
open the shortcut/icon that you dropped into the "startup" folder, and put the complete
path and filename on the jOrgan startup command line as the first parameter.  Put the
whole path\filename in double quotes ("...") if there are any spaces or special characters
in it.

CLW

On 9/10/2014 9:37 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Sven, is there a way to configure jOrgan with an option to auto load the
> last disposition used on jOrgan Start?   Such a capability would eliminate
> the need to configure the Customizer each time jOrgan is started for users
> who use one main disposition most frequently.
>
> Thanks.
>
> John Beach

Re: Fw: Auto-starting jOrgan with a preferreddisposition

jbeach2646
Lynn, I have it working perfectly.  The easiest thing to do after cutting
and pasting the jOrgan-shortcut into the Startup folder is to go to the
disposition folder and right click the desired/favorite disposition
and copy the entire path to the Startup folder jOrgan Icon, deleting the
"-shortcut" after jOrgan, and pasting the entire path of the disposition.
The paste process eliminates every punctuation item in the path, but that
does not affect the normal start up of the disposition when Windows is run
from boot up.
Thanks for your help.  Maybe I can persuade the church organist of the
advantages that jOrgan and dispositions would afford to improve the quality
of music.

In jOrgan click: View>Configuration...>jOrgan, and check the box for "Open
recent
disposition startup".

But if you really want iron-clad control of what disposition jOrgan uses on
startup, just
open the shortcut/icon that you dropped into the "startup" folder, and put
the complete
path and filename on the jOrgan startup command line as the first parameter.
Put the
whole path\filename in double quotes ("...") if there are any spaces or
special characters
in it.

CLW

On 9/10/2014 9:37 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Sven, is there a way to configure jOrgan with an option to auto load the
> last disposition used on jOrgan Start?   Such a capability would eliminate
> the need to configure the Customizer each time jOrgan is started for users
> who use one main disposition most frequently.
>
> Thanks.
>
> John Beach

In jOrgan click: View>Configuration...>jOrgan, and check the box for "Open
recent
disposition startup".

But if you really want iron-clad control of what disposition jOrgan uses on
startup, just
open the shortcut/icon that you dropped into the "startup" folder, and put
the complete
path and filename on the jOrgan startup command line as the first parameter.
Put the
whole path\filename in double quotes ("...") if there are any spaces or
special characters
in it.

CLW

On 9/10/2014 9:37 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Sven, is there a way to configure jOrgan with an option to auto load the
> last disposition used on jOrgan Start?   Such a capability would eliminate
> the need to configure the Customizer each time jOrgan is started for users
> who use one main disposition most frequently.
>
> Thanks.
>
> John Beach

Re: Fw: Auto-starting jOrgan with a preferreddisposition

lwalls
It works if you have associated the ".disposition" file extension to be associated with
the jOrgan application program, OR if you have allowed (via installer option) to have the
jOrgan installer make this association for you.

CLW