Example dispotion included with jOrgan

In keeping with trends, can you give thought to the possibility of including
a good-sounding disposition with jOrgan, so that it can really shine "out
the box"? This disposition could demonstrate stops, couplers, memory,
recorder, multi-screen layout, - what have I left out? Could it be done with
one of the jOrgan pioneer's dispositions?  Would they mind?  Would those
whose disposition is not included as demo, be upset about it? Would we need
the written consent to include such a 'starter' organ? Possibly one can
change this 'example' disposition on each new iteration of jOrgan?

Just a thought.

Re: Example dispotion included with jOrgan

jbeach2646
Brian, while I think your idea is a good one, (and the ideal organ to
package with jOrgan would be one like Paul Stratman's ACO, American Classic
Organ,   which has a little suite of "spin-off" dispositions using the same
soundfont), having a very obvious link in the jOrgan program which takes
users to the dispositions download links in the jOrgan WIKI would keep the
jOrgan download at a small size and
allow the new user the freedom of choice to select according to their wants
or needs.

Re: Example dispotion included with jOrgan

Brian,

I also applaud your idea, and suggest that seeing you had the idea, you
should be the one to decide which VPO is chosen. However, you could invite
suggestions and ideas from others, preferably being communicated to you by
email.

Graham Goode will need to be on board, as I assume that he is the one who
will include such a VPO folder within the jOrgan downloads. But let’s not
forget that even a suitable jOrgan VPO is not self-explanatory - there are
plenty of traps for the unwary - and what is also needed is an Instructions
file of some sort, and ideally a functioning Help feature.