Electronic organ sounds

I'm looking for some general purpose organ sounds of electronic organs.  I
grew up with only Yamaha and Lowrey organs.  As a child I never came into
contact with Hammond organs face to face, and also not any Wurlitzer organs.

So, I'm looking for some sounds that are typical of the Lowrey and Yamaha
organs that I grew up with - especially the sounds that have a longer
release after you leave the key, just like on those old organs.

Anybody have some help or ideas please?

Re: Electronic organ sounds

tbeck

Re: Electronic organ sounds

jbeach2646
Brian, as I have posted on this forum before, I made a jOrgan disposition of an additive synthesizer, using sine waves, based on the exact footages used in registering on Hammond Drawbar organs.
I have synthesized all 220 organ stops which are listed on the Chart of Hammond Drawbar Registrations, a list which is available on the internet.  I have nine soundfonts, which include
various footages of those organ stops which go with an homemade disposition which has over 400 stops.  If you wish, I can email you the disposition of the additive synthesizer which loads
in jOrgan just as any other disposition would and you can try synthesizing for yourself, or I can send you the Flutes soundfont, for example, so you can see what it sounds like.

The entire disposition and the 9 soundfonts with it are 108 Megabytes total.  This is more than my ISP will allow to upload, so if you wanted the whole thing, I would have to
send you the individual  soundfonts in separate emails.  Just put them in the same folder under any name you prefer and start the jOrgan program and select the disposition.

The jOrgan additive Synthesizer, on the other hand, is less than 2 megabytes and would allow you to make the stops you want, yourself.  If you have used Audacity to record and edit wave files, which you then import into Polyphone, you can make your own soundfonts and create your own disposition.  If you have had no experience doing that, it is a process which requires patience.

Since no one on the forum has ever expressed any interest in this, I have never written a tutorial on how it is done.  However, the tutorials of Paul Stratman are quite detailed and are
available.

Re: Electronic organ sounds

Brian Sweetnam
Thank you John.

I would be interested in your disposition and soundfonts, please.

My e-mail address is [hidden email].

Re: Electronic organ sounds

drwilx
Brian,

You might check with Paul Stratman. In the past he created a few
dispositions based on old analog home organs.

Regards,

Dennis