Diodes and keyboard contacts

Brian Sweetnam
I am busy midifying a 1972 Yamaha console style organ. I think it is a model
E5. There are numerous contacts per key, on both manuals. However, there is
a metal bar above the contacts as well, reminds me of change over contacts.

Will this be a problem? I am creating an 8x8 diode matrix as required by my
midi encoder, utilising two of the contracts per key.

When the keys are not being pressed, 8 keys will be in contact. Will this
have any influence on the system?

Re: Diodes and keyboard contacts

tbeck
You could ask this on this forum: https://www.organforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?20-Electronic-Organs.

There are many very experienced technicians who have done exactly this kind of thing and can give you expert advice.

On Sun, Jul 8, 2018 at 5:01 AM Brian Sweetnam <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am busy midifying a 1972 Yamaha console style organ. I think it is a model
E5. There are numerous contacts per key, on both manuals. However, there is
a metal bar above the contacts as well, reminds me of change over contacts.

Will this be a problem? I am creating an 8x8 diode matrix as required by my
midi encoder, utilising two of the contracts per key.

When the keys are not being pressed, 8 keys will be in contact. Will this
have any influence on the system?

Re: Diodes and keyboard contacts

Brian Sweetnam
Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction.

Re: Diodes and keyboard contacts

Brian Sweetnam
I managed to remove the 'common ground busbar' from above the contacts, by
just desoldering it, and pulling it out.