Custom Soundfont and JOrgan

jOrgan - User mailing list
Hi all!

I have been following jOrgan for many years and I am finally beginning a
rather ambitious project of creating a dual purpose instrument for my
church.

We need to have a "portable instrument" that can be utilized throughout our
entire facility - I have suffered through the "MIDI" keyboard trauma too
many times.

The instrument will be 2 manuals and pedal and will use Hauptwerk for the
Organ half but I also need a custom MIDI instrument that would work with our
Praise Band as well.  I would create the soundfont myself and after many
years of trying other types of interfaces - I kept coming back to jOrgan as
being the most versatile and most user friendly.  I realize that most
applications that could realize my situation are all a bit "fussy" and I
really need something that anyone would be able to intuitively use (with a
few introductory lessons) but also be rock solid in the performance and
stability.

I have completed several dispositions years ago without too much difficulty
- so I guess my question to the forum is what is your overall experience
with such an application

Thank you!

Jeffery C. Rowley

-----
Jeffery C. Rowley
Madison, Wisconsin

Re: Custom Soundfont and JOrgan

jOrgan - User mailing list
The beauty of jOrgan is its ability to be whatever you wish it to be. Simply create the MIDI commands and place them on a custom-designed screen.

Although I have designed several consoles using established MIDI organ design, I wish to embark on a touring 5 manual production project, and jOrgan seems to be the ideal architecture, since it enables me to merge the exact MIDI sounds and MIDI triggers of my choice.

In addition to soundfonts, my designing includes some connected MIDI-operated winded pipes and other controls:

piano, orchestra chimes and motorized MIDI-cued devices to blow flags, operate water fountains and lower screens, as well as a connected NSI (tm) brand MIDI lighting board for 16 channels of lights where each key cues a pre-arranged lighting sequence that I have used successfully in dramatic productions.

Although I ran into a computer systems malfunction, it has been in process to solve.

I still believe that jOrgan teamed with MidiBox custom design is my best solution, since it enables me to create my specific MIDI signals operating my console with dual (perhaps 3) custom touchscreens, as well as some MIDIfied buttons and stoptabs I design myself.

pk