Connections !!!

Jim Pinder
I have tried the ethernet midi connection between my two computers -
and it works - but I am not suprised to see that the best connection
between computers for music is MIDI - this is what it was designed for
after all, especially live performances. It was designed to be simple
and reliable.

To those who have soundcards fitted - don't forget you have a midi
input and OUTPUT on the card (at least on the older ones)  and most
computers still have the  D type joystick/midi connection socket, so
you don't need to muck about with midi ox, midi yoke, USB etc etc.

jOrgan recognises the outputs and these can be used as an output to a
soundsource - merely connect your midi cable to the second computer and
away you go - you can even use jOrgan on the second computer as a
"slave" to take the incoming signal and pass it to several instances of
SFZ or anything.

I use a simple midi cable connection to play my Yamaha piano from the
jOrgan console - it works perfectly. (I can also use the Yamaha
keyboard to play jOrgan)

Don't make things too complcated - think laterally !!!

Sorry about sending this world-wide - my brain makes me delete all the
messages once I have read them, so I couldn't reply to the original
message. Is there anywhere we can review messages  again, does anybody
know ???

Jim

Tiscali Broadband only £9.99 a month for your first 3 months! http://www.tiscali.co.uk/products/broadband/

Re: Connections !!!

Tomas Nykung-2
On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 01:38:39PM +0100, [hidden email] wrote:

> Sorry about sending this world-wide - my brain makes me delete all the
> messages once I have read them, so I couldn't reply to the original
> message. Is there anywhere we can review messages  again, does anybody
> know ???
>
> Jim

Hi Jim.

Subscribe to the mailing list [hidden email],
then you get all messeages to the list in your own inbox and it's easy
to reply to the right messeage/thread.

(Sorry if this was obvious and you already knew this)

Tomas

Re: Connections !!!

Bruce Miles-3
Tomas,

There is an Archive for the new jOrgan-user list at
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum=jorgan-user

I find the layout of the jOrgan/Sourceforge web pages very confusing at
the moment. Hopefully things will improve.

This should do what you want (and what we shall all want before long)

Cheers,

Bruce

Tomas Nykung wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 01:38:39PM +0100, [hidden email] wrote:
>
>> Sorry about sending this world-wide - my brain makes me delete all the
>> messages once I have read them, so I couldn't reply to the original
>> message. Is there anywhere we can review messages  again, does anybody
>> know ???
>>
>> Jim
>>

> Hi Jim.
>
> Subscribe to the mailing list [hidden email],
> then you get all messeages to the list in your own inbox and it's easy
> to reply to the right messeage/thread.
>
> (Sorry if this was obvious and you already knew this)
>

> Tomas

Re: Connections !!!

erikds
Bruce Miles wrote
I find the layout of the jOrgan/Sourceforge web pages very confusing at
the moment. Hopefully things will improve.
I personally prefer following the discussions on:

http://www.nabble.com/jOrgan---User-f19966.html

Al least the messages belonging to the same thread stay  together and organized neatly.

Erik.