Chrysoglott Damper

Bruce Miles-3
Greetings all,

I have been racking my brains (unsuccessfully) to think of a way to
configure jOrgan to mimic the Chrysoglott/ Chrysoglott Damper
arrangement used on some Wurlitzer organs

I have 2 patches, Chrys Undamped and Chrys Damped, that's not a problem,
and two console tabs, Chrysoglott and Chrysoglott Damper. Chrys tab
'off' then no sound, whatever the positon of the Damper tab. Chrys tab
'on', Damper 'off' then Chrys Undamped sound. Both tabs 'on', then Chrys
Damped sound.

I thought this would be possible using couplers. Sounds simple, but it
seems not to be so. Can anyone figure this out ?

Most grateful for any help on this.

Bruce

Re: Chrysoglott Damper

Bruce Miles-3
Hello again,

OK - cracked it. It was dead simple after all.

Use a Variation is the answer. This has the advantage that it can be
used where the Chrysoglott appears on more than one manual. Also useful
for Piano/Mandolin where the Mandolin is a kind of 'jangle-tone'
attachment not a separate instrument.

You (we) live and learn.

Bruce

Bruce Miles wrote:

> Greetings all,
>
> I have been racking my brains (unsuccessfully) to think of a way to
> configure jOrgan to mimic the Chrysoglott/ Chrysoglott Damper
> arrangement used on some Wurlitzer organs
>
> I have 2 patches, Chrys Undamped and Chrys Damped, that's not a problem,
> and two console tabs, Chrysoglott and Chrysoglott Damper. Chrys tab
> 'off' then no sound, whatever the positon of the Damper tab. Chrys tab
> 'on', Damper 'off' then Chrys Undamped sound. Both tabs 'on', then Chrys
> Damped sound.
>
> I thought this would be possible using couplers. Sounds simple, but it
> seems not to be so. Can anyone figure this out ?
>
> Most grateful for any help on this.
>
> Bruce

Re: Chrysoglott Damper

RoyR
Hi, Bruce,

             How true. It may be a cliche, but then things become cliches because everyone knows they are true... At 68 years young, I reckon when you're ready to stop learning, it's time to stop living!

Bruce Miles wrote:

> Greetings all,
>
> I have been racking my brains (unsuccessfully) to think of a way to
> configure jOrgan to mimic the Chrysoglott/ Chrysoglott Damper
> arrangement used on some Wurlitzer organs
>
> I have 2 patches, Chrys Undamped and Chrys Damped, that's not a problem,
> and two console tabs, Chrysoglott and Chrysoglott Damper. Chrys tab
> 'off' then no sound, whatever the positon of the Damper tab. Chrys tab
> 'on', Damper 'off' then Chrys Undamped sound. Both tabs 'on', then Chrys
> Damped sound.
>
> I thought this would be possible using couplers. Sounds simple, but it
> seems not to be so. Can anyone figure this out ?
>
> Most grateful for any help on this.
>
> Bruce

Re: Chrysoglott Damper

Jim Pinder
Bruce -

Why not use a trem stop - this, as I understand it, switches between
two soundfonts, which is what you are trying to do.

Just have your second stop switch between the two soundfonts - which
you have placed 40 stops apart.

Will that work ???

Jim

Tiscali Broadband only £9.99 a month for your first 3 months! http://www.tiscali.co.uk/products/broadband/

Re: Chrysoglott Damper

Jim Pinder
Sorry Bruce, I replied before I read your second post !!!

Jim

php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV

Tiscali Broadband only £9.99 a month for your first 3 months! http://www.tiscali.co.uk/products/broadband/