Quantcast

Changing Midi interface upon reboot

BrianS
Every time I reboot my Raspberry Pi, I have to re-customize the midi interface, as the numbers seem to change randomly.

Is there a known solution for this quirky behavior?

Re: Changing Midi interface upon reboot

RoyR
Hi, Brian,

                The Enumerate function is supposed to cure that problem but I've never got it to work in my Linux-based systems. I don't know the Raspberry at all but I believe its O/S is basically a cut-down Ubuntu, one of the best known flavors of Linux.

   As I remarked once before, I didn't try very hard because my manuals are easy to set channels on so I just dump the lot in MidiMerge and use channel numbers to give fixed identities.

On 25 April 2017 at 10:15, BrianS <[hidden email]> wrote:
Every time I reboot my Raspberry Pi, I have to re-customize the midi
interface, as the numbers seem to change randomly.

Is there a known solution for this quirky behavior?

Re: Changing Midi interface upon reboot

Leave it on? The power required is probably not much.

https://www.facebook.com/pete.theisen.5

Re: Changing Midi interface upon reboot

BrianS
Thank you Pete.

I am rather hoping to solve this.  Perhaps Graham can look into it?