Aria Player

Google searches show plenty of references to downloading the one-instrument "sforzando", but few if any to the full Aria Player. I am beginning to get the impression that Garritan expects us to buy one of their sample collections before letting us get our hands on the Aria Player.

Has anyone had more success?

Re: Aria Player

erikds
Hello,

In my posting to this forum of june 20, 2017 i wrote:

ARIA Player is the full application with an elaborate GUI. Its most recent version is version 1.872.
It can be obtained free of charge from this website; after making a free user account you can download an installer for ARIA player for MAC or for WINDOWS.

Hope this helps.

Erik.

John Reimer wrote:
Hi all,

Google searches show plenty of references to downloading the one-instrument
"sforzando", but few if any to the full Aria Player. I am beginning to get
the impression that Garritan expects us to buy one of their sample
collections before letting us get our hands on the Aria Player.

Has anyone had more success?

Re: Aria Player

erikds wrote
after making a free user account you can download an
      installer for ARIA player for MAC or for WINDOWS.
Erik,

Thank you. I have opened my free user account, but so far I have found no indication that anything else there is free. Have you downloaded the free installer yourself?

I might add that I have found via Google a couple of sites claiming to offer free downloads of less-than-current versions, but when you try to download them you find that the "download" is handled by people who you would be well advised to keep away from, judging by the reviews I consulted, just to be careful. Pretty strong language, too!

I also found another site which listed a number of download links for up-date-versions, and in every case I found a message saying that the file "had been removed".

Re: Aria Player

tbeck
John,

What is your interest in Aria player?

erikds wrote

John Reimer wrote:
Thank you. I have opened my free user account, but so far I have found no
indication that anything else there is free. Have you downloaded the free
installer yourself?
Yes i did.

Perhaps this link will work for you.

What i did was log in into my free account, then in the upper right corner search box write Aria player.
As one of the results there is a link "Updating the ARIA Player - Help Center".
Clicking this sent me to the link above.

I hope it will work this time for you.
If not, just pm me.

All the best.

Erik.

Re: Aria Player

tbeck wrote
John,
What is your interest in Aria player?
Tom,

My interest is in jOrgan. For years I have been deeply committed to improving it in whatever limited ways I can, because behind my commitment lies a deep passion for what the grandeur and beauty of fine organ sounds and music can do for the human soul (a bit of a lost cause, in today's cultural climate). The Aria Player seemed to be the answer for those users of jOrgan who want the extra complexities of additional attack and release sounds. It may still be the answer. But recent indications are that it may not come as cheaply as we imagined.

Why jOrgan? In my opinion it brings us what it does with an ideal balance of quality, simplicity and economy.

John Reimer

,

Re: Aria Player

erikds wrote
    What i did was log in into my free account, then in the upper right
    corner search box write Aria player.
    As one of the results there is a link "Updating the ARIA Player -
    Help Center".
    Clicking this sent me to the link above.
Erik,

Have you actually downloaded the Aria Player from the MakeMusic website?

Re: Aria Player

erikds

John Reimer wrote:

> Erik,
>
> Have you actually downloaded the Aria Player from the MakeMusic website?
>
> John Reimer

Yes i did. And before sending you above message i checked and could
download it again.
Did it not work for you?

Erik.

Re: Aria Player

tbeck
What's wrong with linuxsampler which is already supported by jOrgan, is free and runs under windows, linux and apple.

On Jul 3, 2017 5:09 PM, "John Reimer" <[hidden email]> wrote:
tbeck wrote
> John,
> What is your interest in Aria player?

Tom,

My interest is in jOrgan. For years I have been deeply committed to
improving it in whatever limited ways I can, because behind my commitment
lies a deep passion for what the grandeur and beauty of fine organ sounds
and music can do for the human soul (a bit of a lost cause, in today's
cultural climate). The Aria Player seemed to be the answer for those users
of jOrgan who want the extra complexities of additional attack and release
sounds. It may still be the answer. But recent indications are that it may
not come as cheaply as we imagined.

Why jOrgan? In my opinion it brings us what it does with an ideal balance of
quality, simplicity and economy.

John Reimer

,

Re: Aria Player

erikds wrote
    What i did was log in into my free account, then in the upper right
    corner search box write Aria player.
    As one of the results there is a link "Updating the ARIA Player -
    Help Center".
    Clicking this sent me to the link above.

    I hope it will work this time for you.
Eric,

It has downloaded. I am delighted.
Thank you for your helpful information, and also for your patience.

I hope to give some kind of report before long. This all now looks much more promising.

Re: Aria Player

Just to report that as far as I can tell at this stage, the latest version of the Aria Player has installed successfully on my Windows 7 computer. The installation allows you to have Aria as a standalone (which I assume is for 64 bit), and also as  VST plug-ins (both 32 bit and 64 bit are available - you don't have to choose just one).

Many thanks again to Erik for showing the way. Please read the instructions in his posts(s) above.

Re: Aria Player

erikds
John,

Glad to read that it worked out ok this time and happy i could give some
useful info.

All the best.

Erik.

John Reimer wrote:

> erikds wrote
>>      What i did was log in into my free account, then in the upper right
>>      corner search box write Aria player.
>>      As one of the results there is a link "Updating the ARIA Player -
>>      Help Center".
>>      Clicking this sent me to the link above.
>>
>>      I hope it will work this time for you.
> Eric,
>
> It has downloaded. I am delighted.
> Thank you for your helpful information, and also for your patience.
>
> I hope to give some kind of report before long. This all now looks much more
> promising.
>
> John Reimer

Re: Aria Player

Graham Wykes
It will make for an interesting comparison - use the same sfz, set up with the same reverb - Aria engine vs linuxsampler :)

Cheers
Graham

> On 5 Jul 2017, at 7:53 am, Erik De Schrijver <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> John,
>
> Glad to read that it worked out ok this time and happy i could give some useful info.
>
> All the best.
>
> Erik.
>

> John Reimer wrote:
>> erikds wrote
>>>     What i did was log in into my free account, then in the upper right
>>>     corner search box write Aria player.
>>>     As one of the results there is a link "Updating the ARIA Player -
>>>     Help Center".
>>>     Clicking this sent me to the link above.
>>>          I hope it will work this time for you.
>> Eric,
>>
>> It has downloaded. I am delighted.
>> Thank you for your helpful information, and also for your patience.
>>
>> I hope to give some kind of report before long. This all now looks much more
>> promising.
>>
>> John Reimer

Free 4573 Wurli in Upland CA

jOrgan - User mailing list