ANN: 3.15 released

12

ANN: 3.15 released

I think we waited far too long for 3.15 to become final so I just
uploaded this version last weekend.

Here's the changelog once again:

   * preferences now stored in user home directory
   * GUI now in separate module
   * gui: fixed skin bug for narrow labels
   * gui: shortcut processed only once even if element is positioned on
multiple consoles
   * gui: new menu item "reset views"
   * gui: new configuration "flush images on close of disposition"
   * fluidsynth: moved overflow settings into disposition
   * keyboard: improved mouse handling
   * runs on Java 7

Download installer (Windows), package (Linux) or bundle (OS X) here:

   http://sourceforge.net/projects/jorgan/files/

Separate downloads for jOrgan extensions will no longer be provided, but
the jorgan zip contains all platform independent extensions now.

Have fun

Σχετ: ANN: 3.15 released

Panos K. Ghekas
Hi Sven,

Thanks for another advanced version.

Just a question : "runs on Java 7" this means that it can't run on Java 6u29 and up (6jre folder)?

If this is true, and given that no longer are separate extensions, then 3.14 was the last of its bread!

Best
Panos

Απο: Sven Meier <[hidden email]>
Προς: [hidden email]
Στάλθηκε: 10:37 μ.μ. Δευτέρα, 23 Ιανουαρίου 2012
Θεμα: [jOrgan-user] ANN: 3.15 released

Hi all,

[...]

Re: Σχετ: ANN: 3.15 released

jOrgan still runs fine on Java 6, it's just that the incompatibilities with Java 7 are fixed now.

Best regards
Sven

On 01/23/2012 10:09 PM, Panos Ghekas wrote:
[...]

http://p.sf.net/sfu/learndevnow-dev2

Σχετ: Σχετ: ANN: 3.15 released

Panos K. Ghekas
Thank you Sven,
All cleared now.
Gonna get it soon :-)

Best
Panos

Απο: Sven Meier <[hidden email]>
Προς: [hidden email]
Στάλθηκε: 11:50 μ.μ. Δευτέρα, 23 Ιανουαρίου 2012
Θεμα: Re: [jOrgan-user] Σχετ: ANN: 3.15 released

Hi,

[...]

Re: ANN: 3.15 released

Marco Francesco
Thanks for your continued improvements. What could we have done without jOrgan and the dedicated brain behind it?

Marco
al

Re: Σχετ: Σχετ: ANN: 3.15 released - and 1 lan question

al
I have been making good progress with the lan extension.  Both machine have 3.15 on them.  Couple of observations -

1.  With 2 organs running same disposition, 1 remote transmitting to 1 recieving, playing same disposition I have found that to correctly key the RX machine, i add 1 new stop per division with a new rank and new generic sound for each.  Then the RX computer get configured to listen to the respect lan port.

TX computer added stop manual 1 with rank Midi Manual 1 and rank Manual1 pointing to lan port 1.  RX computer simply configured manual 1 for listen on lan port 1.

The interesting thing here is that keying works, i get sounds etc.  If I open monitor on both machines however i hit a snag.  The 3 new stops i created on the TX computer do get recieved on the RX machine but none of the other stops on the system get through.  I see a message going out on TX machine but nothing comming in on RX machine.  I have 4 lan ports open.  Manual 1 = 1, man2 = 2, ped = 3, console is set to RX on lan 4 but how do you set a TX param?  I tried connector to console but no go.  What am I missing?
By the way am using Bureau church as a test.

To make this scenario even simpler, i am doing some testing on just 1 machine.  1 instance of jOrgan is TX, second is RX.  Same results on 1 machine.  Keying ok, sound great, new stops register because they are associated with a rank that has a midi out defined.  I don't see any way to get pistons and stops to TX.

2.  I noticed that when I create a new rank, it appears on the console as text.  It should not be appearing at all if i remember correctly.  It didn't before if I remember correctly.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Al

Re: Σχετ: ANN: 3.15 released

Marco Francesco
So, once one upgrades to Java7, anyone still using previous jOrgan versions for some reason, will not be able to continue doing so. Correct?

Marco

PS Java 7 is still not out officially!
http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/java7.xml

Re: ANN: 3.15 released (Win64)

Dan Dietzer
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Σχετ: Σχετ: ANN: 3.15 released - and 1 lan question

erikds
Hello,

Have you looked at the package using Burea Gravkapel that i mentioned in an earlier message yesterday? This is a link to get it.
This package also contains some notes explaining how and why the TX dispo and the RX dispo are made as they are.
In particular it explains why on the TX dispo references from stops to ranks are removed and replaced by Activated and Deactivated messages, with corresponding Activate and Deactivate messages for the stops in the RX dispo.
Also to the pistons and couplers in the TX dispo Activated messages must be added, with corresponding Activate messages for the same on the RX dispo.
Toggle message (for SET piston) must be replaced by Activated and Deactivated messages on the TX dispo, and Activate and Deactivate lmessages on the RX dispo.
For the swell pedal on the RX dispo to follow the moves of the swell pedal on the TX dispo, the swell on TX must be referenced from the Console Connector.

I hope this helps.

All the best.

Erik.
---------------------------
Al Schroer wrote:
[...]

Ranks should not be referenced from the Console. Then they do not appear as text.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Al

Re: ANN: 3.15 released (Win64)

As always ...  thanks :).

Sven

Am 24.01.2012 01:14, schrieb Dan Dietzer:

> Windows 64bit version is also available.
>
> Regards,
> Dan
>
> On 1/23/2012 3:37 PM, Sven Meier wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I think we waited far too long for 3.15 to become final so I just
>> uploaded this version last weekend.
>>
>> Here's the changelog once again:
>>
>>      * preferences now stored in user home directory
>>      * GUI now in separate module
>>      * gui: fixed skin bug for narrow labels
>>      * gui: shortcut processed only once even if element is positioned on
>> multiple consoles
>>      * gui: new menu item "reset views"
>>      * gui: new configuration "flush images on close of disposition"
>>      * fluidsynth: moved overflow settings into disposition
>>      * keyboard: improved mouse handling
>>      * runs on Java 7
>>
>> Download installer (Windows), package (Linux) or bundle (OS X) here:
>>
>>      http://sourceforge.net/projects/jorgan/files/
>>
>> Separate downloads for jOrgan extensions will no longer be provided, but
>> the jorgan zip contains all platform independent extensions now.
>>
>> Have fun
>> Sven

Re: Σχετ: ANN: 3.15 released

Yes, correct.

Sven

Am 24.01.2012 01:07, schrieb Marco Francesco:

> So, once one upgrades to Java7, anyone still using previous jOrgan versions
> for some reason, will not be able to continue doing so. Correct?
>
> Marco

Re: Σχετ: ANN: 3.15 released

BCA-3
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Σχετ: ANN: 3.15 released

Hi, Sven,

               What is the benefit of moving to java 7?

   ...(If it ain't broke, don't fix it!   :)) laughing  )

Am 24.01.2012 01:07, schrieb Marco Francesco:

> So, once one upgrades to Java7, anyone still using previous jOrgan versions
> for some reason, will not be able to continue doing so. Correct?
>
> Marco

Re: Σχετ: ANN: 3.15 released

Java 7 for jOrgan ... no benefit (that I'm aware of).

Sven

Am 24.01.2012 11:04, schrieb Roy Radford:
Hi, Sven,

               What is the benefit of moving to java 7?

   ...(If it ain't broke, don't fix it!   :)) laughing  )

Am 24.01.2012 01:07, schrieb Marco Francesco:
> So, once one upgrades to Java7, anyone still using previous jOrgan versions
> for some reason, will not be able to continue doing so. Correct?
>
> Marco

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Keep Your Developer Skills Current with LearnDevNow! The most comprehensive online learning library for Microsoft developers is just $99.99! Visual Studio, SharePoint, SQL - plus HTML5, CSS3, MVC3, Metro Style Apps, more. Free future releases when you subscribe now! http://p.sf.net/sfu/learndevnow-d2d

Re: Σχετ: ANN: 3.15 released

RoyR
Thanks, Sven.

                       I've skipped a few light-years in jorgan and run a quicky on V3.15. It loads OK but when I call the Fluidsynth dispo it is unable to start the Fluidsynth sound. The output device shows no possible hardware available. The result is the same with no driver, alsa or jack in the driver property.

        As I said, I've skipped a great deal so can't say this is specific to V3.15, also this is the 'family' computer so cluttered with all sorts of junk. The only thing I CAN say is if I double click an mp3 file it plays fine, so there is definitely a working soundcard in there somewhere!

    O/S Ubuntu 10.10,

    Java version 1.6.0_26

    Soundcard SB Live! EMU10k1

        I'm a bit bogged down with personal issues at present but if I get the chance I'll clean up a dedicated computer and try again.

Am 24.01.2012 01:07, schrieb Marco Francesco:
> So, once one upgrades to Java7, anyone still using previous jOrgan versions
> for some reason, will not be able to continue doing so. Correct?
>
> Marco

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Keep Your Developer Skills Current with LearnDevNow! The most comprehensive online learning library for Microsoft developers is just $99.99! Visual Studio, SharePoint, SQL - plus HTML5, CSS3, MVC3, Metro Style Apps, more. Free future releases when you subscribe now! http://p.sf.net/sfu/learndevnow-d2d

Am 24.01.2012 01:07, schrieb Marco Francesco:
> So, once one upgrades to Java7, anyone still using previous jOrgan versions
> for some reason, will not be able to continue doing so. Correct?
>
> Marco

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Keep Your Developer Skills Current with LearnDevNow! The most comprehensive online learning library for Microsoft developers is just $99.99! Visual Studio, SharePoint, SQL - plus HTML5, CSS3, MVC3, Metro Style Apps, more. Free future releases when you subscribe now! http://p.sf.net/sfu/learndevnow-d2d

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Keep Your Developer Skills Current with LearnDevNow! The most comprehensive online learning library for Microsoft developers is just $99.99! Visual Studio, SharePoint, SQL - plus HTML5, CSS3, MVC3, Metro Style Apps, more. Free future releases when you subscribe now! http://p.sf.net/sfu/learndevnow-d2d

Re: Σχετ: ANN: 3.15 released

Hi Roy,

As you're in Linux you need to make sure that fluidsynth is
installed... can you run Qsynth?

GG

On 1/24/12, Roy Radford <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks, Sven.
>
>                        I've skipped a few light-years in jorgan and run a
> quicky on V3.15. It loads OK but when I call the Fluidsynth dispo it is
> unable to start the Fluidsynth sound. The output device shows no possible
> hardware available. The result is the same with no driver, alsa or jack in
> the driver property.
>
>         As I said, I've skipped a great deal so can't say this is specific
> to V3.15, also this is the 'family' computer so cluttered with all sorts of
> junk. The only thing I CAN say is if I double click an mp3 file it plays
> fine, so there is definitely a working soundcard in there somewhere!
>
>     O/S Ubuntu 10.10,
>
>     Java version 1.6.0_26
>
>     Soundcard SB Live! EMU10k1
>

>         I'm a bit bogged down with personal issues at present but if I get
> the chance I'll clean up a dedicated computer and try again.
>

>       Have fun,
>
>           Roy.
>

> ________________________________

              I think the gremlins are at work. I just tried again this morning. Fluidsynth driver was left at alsa, the device property is still blank but the stops play from the jOrgan Keyboard. No problems are displayed and the warning red blob on the Fluidsynth sound has gone away.

     I'm puzzled... Doesn't it matter if no Fluidsynth output device is displayed?

Am 24.01.2012 01:07, schrieb Marco Francesco:
> So, once one upgrades to Java7, anyone still using previous jOrgan versions
> for some reason, will not be able to continue doing so. Correct?
>
> Marco

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Keep Your Developer Skills Current with LearnDevNow! The most comprehensive online learning library for Microsoft developers is just $99.99! Visual Studio, SharePoint, SQL - plus HTML5, CSS3, MVC3, Metro Style Apps, more. Free future releases when you subscribe now! http://p.sf.net/sfu/learndevnow-d2d

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Keep Your Developer Skills Current with LearnDevNow! The most comprehensive online learning library for Microsoft developers is just $99.99! Visual Studio, SharePoint, SQL - plus HTML5, CSS3, MVC3, Metro Style Apps, more. Free future releases when you subscribe now! http://p.sf.net/sfu/learndevnow-d2d

Re: Σχετ: ANN: 3.15 released

Hi, Graham,

                   Thanks for your reply. Qsynth and jack are already installed on this machine from previous experiments. Things have mysteriously decided to work this morning, even without any device in the Fluidsynth Output property???

    Ah well... That's computers for you!    :)) laughing

As you're in Linux you need to make sure that fluidsynth is
installed... can you run Qsynth?

GG

On 1/24/12, Roy Radford <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks, Sven.
>
>                        I've skipped a few light-years in jorgan and run a
> quicky on V3.15. It loads OK but when I call the Fluidsynth dispo it is
> unable to start the Fluidsynth sound. The output device shows no possible
> hardware available. The result is the same with no driver, alsa or jack in
> the driver property.
>
>         As I said, I've skipped a great deal so can't say this is specific
> to V3.15, also this is the 'family' computer so cluttered with all sorts of
> junk. The only thing I CAN say is if I double click an mp3 file it plays
> fine, so there is definitely a working soundcard in there somewhere!
>
>     O/S Ubuntu 10.10,
>
>     Java version 1.6.0_26
>
>     Soundcard SB Live! EMU10k1
>

>         I'm a bit bogged down with personal issues at present but if I get
> the chance I'll clean up a dedicated computer and try again.
>

>       Have fun,
>
>           Roy.

no, for Fluidsynth the device property is optional.

IIRC if Fluidsynth is configured with the Alsa driver, it doesn't provide any devices to choose from.

Sven