32-bit Linux.

RoyR
Hi, Sven,

              Just a quicky, do you intend to compile any more 32-bit .deb install files for future versions?

     I have nominally 64-bit computers running 32-bit Linux Mint. I have both 32 and 64-bit Mint installation disks available. 64-bit O/S load and run OK on the machines but there are odd quirks, probably driver problems. External USB DVD drive reads but won't write, printer/scanner doesn't work properly...

    It's not a big deal, I usually use a separate machine for jOrgan stuff anyway, but it would be tidier to have everything on the same O/S.

    So far I haven't noticed any benefit in 64-bit over 32... Mind you, I don't use software synths, that might be a different ball game!

Re: 32-bit Linux.

Hi Roy,

I'll release 64-bit Linux packages only, just because that's what I am using :).

If there's a high demand, creating a 32-bit Linux release is fairly easy for me too (using VirtualBox).
But I'm no longer able to build Windows or OS-X releases.

Have fun
Sven

On 17.12.2015 15:30, Roy Radford wrote:
Hi, Sven,

              Just a quicky, do you intend to compile any more 32-bit .deb install files for future versions?

     I have nominally 64-bit computers running 32-bit Linux Mint. I have both 32 and 64-bit Mint installation disks available. 64-bit O/S load and run OK on the machines but there are odd quirks, probably driver problems. External USB DVD drive reads but won't write, printer/scanner doesn't work properly...

    It's not a big deal, I usually use a separate machine for jOrgan stuff anyway, but it would be tidier to have everything on the same O/S.

    So far I haven't noticed any benefit in 64-bit over 32... Mind you, I don't use software synths, that might be a different ball game!

Re: 32-bit Linux.

RoyR
Hi, Sven,

             Thanks for the quick reply. I'm a bit puzzled, I can certainly live with 64-bit Linux releases, as I said, it's no big deal, just a bit tidier for me on 32, but surely most people here are running under Windows of some flavour or other???

On 17 December 2015 at 15:12, Sven Meier <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

               Oh, I see, thanks for clearing that point up.

    I'm afraid I can't help there, I'm trying to banish Windows to the Outer Darkness!

On 17 December 2015 at 15:44, Sven Meier <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Jonathan,

many thanks for you offer.

Building on OS-X requires you to checkout the source code:

    http://jorgan-home.de/mediawiki_en/index.php?title=Development

Besides the basic requirements (JDK and ant) the build should be fairly easy - let me know if you have any problems.

Best regards
Sven